Introducing ecobee’s Sweet Dreams Baby Kit: Smarter Baby Monitoring Designed for Families
Featuring the SmartCamera and SmartThermostat, parents will have everything they need to keep their new bundle of joy safe from infancy and beyond
TORONTO – February 16, 2021 – Today, ecobee introduced the Sweet Dreams Baby Kit, a new bundle specifically designed by families for families, featuring the ecobee SmartCamera with voice control to help keep an eye on baby day or night, and the ecobee SmartThermostat with voice control and SmartSensor, to help keep baby comfortable and cozy year round.
Following the Spring 2020 launch of the SmartCamera, ecobee received feedback that many customers and employees were using the SmartCamera as a baby monitor. ecobee engineers worked with customers to understand how they could further enhance the product to be the perfect option for new parents and growing families alike. With updates including continuous audio monitoring, two-way talk, and remote connectivity with no limits, the Sweet Dreams Baby Kit is intended to bring new parents peace of mind, but also grow with the family through every life stage.
ecobee strongly believes in building technology that lasts to minimize waste and people’s impact on the planet. That’s why all ecobee products are designed to grow with the family. The SmartCamera can be used as a baby monitor, then a playroom monitor, and then a security camera for home monitoring with the press of a button in the app. And the SmartThermostat and SmartSensor keep the entire family living comfortably for years.
"I've always had a passion for bettering the planet and bettering lives, but after becoming a parent and coming back to a freezing cold house following a family vacation, I was inspired to think bigger about how to make my family, and other families, more comfortable,” said Stuart Lombard, ecobee CEO and President. "Now I’m excited to share that our ecobee family is growing again with the introduction of Baby Kit, a comprehensive monitoring and thermostat solution made for families, by families. This Baby Kit is intended to grow with ecobee families through their most important years. Now you do not have to get rid of your old baby monitor once your kids have grown – unlike other limited-use baby products, families can utilize ecobee products for years to come, and in turn minimize their product waste."
Features Designed for Baby & the Whole Family
New features of the ecobee Sweet Dreams Baby Kit include (but are not limited to):
- Audio monitoring: Continuous, clear audio monitoring lets you hear your little one straight from your phone, even while you’re using other apps or while your phone is locked.
- Built-in Amazon Alexa: Your ecobee SmartCamera and ecobee SmartThermostat both come with Alexa Built-in. Use your voice to play calming white noise, play a favorite lullaby, adjust the temperature, or ask Alexa to convert ounces of milk into milliliters.
- HD audio and integration: Give your little one the wonder of the world’s fairytales and lullabies. SmartCamera delivers HD audio and integrates with Spotify Connect and Amazon Music, so you can play your child anything they want directly from SmartCamera.
- Two-way talk: Say hello and hear it back. You’ll come through loud and clear thanks to our 2 built-in far-field microphones and speakers. Send a reassuring shush or sing a favorite lullaby from afar.
- HD video, day or night: SmartCamera delivers a continuous ultra-clear 1080p HD video stream to your mobile phone day or night, so you can have the peace of mind that comes from being in the room with your child even when you’re not.
- Remote connectivity: Traditional baby monitors have a limited range, but our ecobee SmartCamera has no limits. You can check in from anywhere using any phone or tablet.
Meet the Products
The Sweet Dreams Baby Kit includes three devices that seamlessly work together right out of the box. The SmartCamera, SmartThermostat and SmartSensor will keep the baby safe and comfortable – and give parents peace of mind, too.
SmartCamera for Baby Monitoring
With 1080p HD video and 180° field of view, the ecobee SmartCamera gives users a crystal clear window into the nursery. Check in from anywhere using a phone or tablet, with no limitations on range. Plus, it comes equipped with HD night vision, so parents can keep a clear eye on baby night or day.
SmartThermostat with voice control
Not too hot, not too cold – it’s important to keep a baby’s room and the home at a comfortable and consistent temperature. A temperature range between 68° and 72°F is recommended for a safe and comfortable sleep environment for a baby.
Most thermostats only measure temperature from where they’re located. But ecobee comes with a SmartSensor to place in the rooms that matter, like the nursery and adjusts the thermostat based on occupancy and temperature. It helps maintain an ideal sleep temperature and keeps the baby comfortable.
Privacy for Peace of Mind
The home is the most personal space there is, and one where privacy is paramount. The Sweet Dreams Baby Kit is another example of ecobee’s commitment to privacy. With transparent video recordings and video history, secure device analytics, and two-factor authentication, parents will always feel safe and secure using the SmartCamera as their family grows.
Pricing and Availability
Starting today, the Sweet Dreams Baby Kit ($299.99 USD) is now available to purchase on ecobee.com. Click here to learn more.
ecobee Inc. was founded in 2007 by Stuart Lombard. Driven by the desire to reduce his family’s own carbon footprint, Stuart set out to build the first truly smart thermostat that not only conserved energy but also delivered comfort without compromise. ecobee has been praised for its intuitive design, pioneering smart sensor technology, and providing users with environmentally friendly solutions for the entire family. With the ecobee Haven smart monitoring solution and ecobee SmartCamera with voice control, and now the new Baby Kit, ecobee continues to deliver on that mission.