The LimitSetting object represents the alert/reminder type which is associated specific values, such as highHeat or lowHumidity. It is used when getting/setting the Thermostat NotificationSettings object.
The type corresponds to the Alert.notificationType returned when alerts are also included in the selection. See Alert for more information.
When POSTing updates to the LimitSettings there are certain requirements and behaviour the API user needs to be aware of:
- When POSTing updates to objects of type lowHumidity or highHumidity or auxHeat, if enabled is set to true, then the limit must be a positive integer value. Failure to provide this positive value will throw an error.
- When POSTing updates to objects of type lowHumidity, highHumidity or auxHeat, if enabled is set to false, then the limit value will be automatically set to -1 on the server for lowHumidity and highHumidity, and 0 for auxHeat.
- When POSTing updates to objects of type lowHumidity or highHumidity, the limit values must always be separated by 5. If the lowHumidity value is set to 95, the highHumidity value will be set to -1 and disabled. Similarly if the highHumidity value is set to 5, the lowHumidity will be set to -1 and disabled.
- When POSTing updates to objects of type lowTemp or highTemp, the limit value must be separated by the value contained in heatCoolMinDelta in the Settings object. If updating the lowTemp, the highTemp will be adjusted to maintain that delta value, and vice versa.
- When POSTing updates to the type auxOutdoor, if enabled is set to true, then the limit must be an integer value in the range 320 to 790. If enabled is set to false, then the limit value will be automatically set to 800 on the server.
|The value of the limit to set. For temperatures the value is expressed as degrees Fahrenheit, multiplied by 10. For humidity values are expressed as a percentage from 5 to 95. See here for more information.
|Boolean value representing whether or not alerts/reminders are enabled for this notification type or not.
|The type of notification. Possible values are: lowTemp, highTemp, lowHumidity, highHumidity, auxHeat, auxOutdoor
|Boolean value representing whether or not alerts/reminders should be sent to the technician/contractor associated with the thermostat.