The next generation of flexible load management solutions.
Increase program participation and performance while building seamless and engaging experiences for your customers. ecobee Energy has the tools and technology to enhance our grid’s reliability and help energy companies deliver effective programs straight to their clients.
Demand response and grid resiliency.
Reduce load demand at scale with our smart thermostats and eco+ technology, tailor-made to increase program success and participation.
- eco+ automation technology helps streamline enrollment and participation in Energy Efficiency, Demand Response, and Time-of-Use programs.
- Utility portals and APIs help manage customer engagement and participation in energy programs.
- Have thermostats pre-enrolled in select programs that are purchased in bulk or through a marketplace.
Utility marketplaces and rebate programs.
We work with energy partners to deliver exclusive offers on ecobee smart home products to their customers.
- Deliver and promote a variety of instant and in-store energy efficiency and demand response rebates for customers.
- Product promotions and co-branded marketing campaigns.
Income qualified programs.
We support and advance energy equity with our partners by offering solutions to marginalized communities and households.
- Provide smart home products to low-to-moderate income qualified communities at a reduced cost.
- Get marketing and educational support for customers in multiple languages.
- Receive call center support and installation training at no cost.
Time-of-use and load flexibility.
ecobee smart thermostats help customers save automatically through enhanced rate optimization.
- Mobile app experience simplifies participation in time-of-use programs.
- ecobee's Time-of-Use feature intelligently precools or preheats the home during times when electricity is less expensive.
- Help customers save up to 23%* more on cooling costs if they live in regions with time-of-use rates.
Help your customers save money and energy with eco+
eco+ is our free thermostat optimization software that elevates the smart home experience. It saves customers 6% more energy than our smart thermostats alone, and up to 23%* more on cooling costs in areas with time-of-use rates. Using machine learning and automation technology, eco+ boosts energy efficiency savings and streamlines enrollment into flexible load programs like demand response. Features include:
- Adjusting for Humidity
- Schedule Assistant
- Smart Home & Away
- Community Energy Savings
ecobee wins ENERGY STAR partner of the year award
This award recognizes ecobee’s continued leadership around planet-positive smart home innovations, including the industry-leading ecobee SmartThermostat, and intelligent software platform, eco+, designed to improve energy efficiency, benefiting both consumers and the planet.
Utilities and ecosystem partners.
We work with utilities and ecosystem partners across North America to bring innovative solutions to the homes of customers.
Here’s what our partners have to say
"... customers have more control and choice than they previously had with tiered rates. [They] have the power to shift their behavior and positively impact their bills."
Industry content at your fingertips.
Up to date resources to keep you current.
- Why Customer Engagement is Key to Creating the Flexible Grid of the Future
We partnered with Utility Dive to develop this playbook, outlining how technology can improve the consumer’s energy experience and unlock gigawatts of flexible load demand.
- 3 lessons from California on the future of grid reliability
Reflecting on the rolling blackouts California faced in 2020, here are some lessons that can help mitigate existing challenges and ensure grid resiliency across North America.
- eco+ study shows persistent savings throughout the pandemic
This third party-verified EM&V study measures the incremental energy savings delivered to eco+ customers. Among the findings, we discovered customers who enabled eco+ experienced persistent savings between Summer 2019 and 2020.
- 3 reasons why automated technology is key to time-based pricing success.
Learn how automation technology can increase participation in time-based pricing programs to provide effortless bills savings for customers and predictable load management for utilities.
- Do Smart Thermostats still save during a global pandemic?
Free thermostat optimization like eco+ has played a critical role in navigating the new normal, and utilities across the country are taking advantage of the persistent savings eco+ offers during the pandemic.
- Broadening Grid Flexibility through Customer-Centric Machine Learning
How can smart thermostats be optimized to balance the needs of the grid, while maintaining customer comfort and savings? This piece was featured in a panel conversation during the ACEEE 2020 Summer Study.
* Compared to a hold of 72°F/22°C.