ecobee continues to innovate with update 3.6, new mobile apps, Apple Watch support
byon April 24, 2015
But we’re not resting on our laurels – we’re continuing to innovate with the goal of delighting our customers. As of today, all ecobee3 customers have received a free update to firmware version 3.6, which brings the most highly anticipated customer-requested features to ecobee3 thermostats, mobile apps, and web portal.
In addition, we have launched new apps and features:
Comfort and style, reimagined
ecobee offers support for Apple Watch from day one. Monitor and control your ecobee thermostat right from your wrist using Apple Watch glances and app.
- View the thermostat name, current indoor temperature, desired temperature, remote sensor data and whether your heating or cooling is on/off
- Quickly adjust desired temperature, switch your thermostat to Home/Away or resume your regular schedule, and change fan to On / Auto
Information at a glance
The updated ecobee3 mobile app for iOS now includes a Today Widget, making it even easier for you to monitor your home from your iPhone. You no longer have to open the app to view the most important information at a glance, including:
- How recently your thermostat information was updated
- Current room temperature and desired temperature
- System mode, system status, and any currently active Holds
- Current temperature, participation status, and connectivity status of all remote sensors paired with your ecobee3
Need to make a change? A single tap takes you right to the ecobee mobile app.
The updated mobile app also brings significant performance and stability improvements.
We’re excited to be bringing our customers these new features and apps to help them increase their home comfort and save energy. As always, we love to hear from our customers – please drop us a line to share your feedback on the new features we’ve delivered, or features you’d like to see in the future.
Thanks for being part of our Hive!