ecobee Smart Thermostats receive another free software upgrade
byon June 3, 2010
Toronto, June 3rd 2010– ecobee, the multiple award-winning green technology company that provides energy management products to the residential and commercial markets, has announced their third over-the-air software upgrade.
The WiFi enabled Smart Thermostat continues to receive new features and functionality at no additional cost to ecobee customers. Utilizing a seamless process, ecobee has enhanced all of their Smart Thermostats. The new feature set includes:
• Additional customized climate periods within the editor feature of the seven day schedule.
• Added support for a two-hour manual override.
• The ability to program humidity alerts.
• Better support and more options for ground source & geothermal heat pumps.
• Extra support for steam humidifiers including the ability to allow humidification with or without a call for heat.
• Support for a UV lamp air filter within the HVAC system.
• Temporary manual overrides for fan settings.
• Random start heat and cool operations for multiple system applications.
ecobee has also released a new version of the ecobee iPhone and iPod Touch app for the Smart Thermostat. This app can be downloaded for free from the iTunes Store.
ecobee, founded in 2007, delivers intelligent conservation solutions for real people. The company is building its product platform around The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System™. ecobee’s products are sold for use in single family homes (new and retrofitted), multi-family dwellings and light commercial properties. For more information, visit http://www.ecobee.com.
Contact: Jessica Dolmer, [email protected], 416-987-1024