Now, in addition to being able to share your Alerts and Reminders with your ecobee Preferred Contractor, you have the ability to share your HVAC Runtime Reports. With this information your ecobee preferred contractor can see your HVAC equipment details, conduct remote diagnostics, and respond to any issues as necessary, helping to prevent potentially costly equipment failures.
Your Privacy is Our Priority
You are always in control of what data you share with your contractor. There are three new privacy settings:
- Link/Unlink my Contractor –If you have a contractor linked to your account they will have access to your name, phone number and address, as well as the type of HVAC equipment you have. If you unlink your contractor, they will have no access to your data and no visibility into your system.
- Share My Alerts and Reminders – if you have this box checked, then your preferred contractor will be able to see alerts and service reminders generated by your ecobee.
- Share My HVAC Runtime Reports –If you have this box checked, then your contractor will be able to view reports on how your equipment has performed over the last 72 hours.
Please note, by providing your contractor access to this information, you are not providing them with any ability to control or make changes to your system. If at any time you decide you no longer wish to share this information, you can simply disable these settings through the “Privacy” tab in your ecobee Web Portal.
To share your alerts, reminders, and HVAC reports with your ecobee preferred contractor, simply follow these easy steps:
1) In the “Settings” tab, in the “About” widget, click on the “Contractor” tab.
When you click on this tab, you will see your ecobee Preferred Contractor’s business name, address and contact information.
Note: if you do not see any information listed here, you have not been linked with an ecobee Preferred Contractor. If this is the case, please see the instructions below on “How to Link My Account to an ecobee Preferred Contractor”.
2) Beneath the contractor contact information, click the radio buttons for the information you would like to share.
- Share my Alerts and Reminders
- Share my HVAC Runtime Reports
Your settings will automatically save, and your HVAC contractor will now be able to view this information from their secure ecobee Web Portal.
How to Link My Account to an ecobee Preferred Contractor
In order to share your Alerts, Reminders and HVAC Runtime Reports with your HVAC contractor, they must be registered as an ecobee
To find out if your contractor is registered with us, click on the “Contractor” tab under “Settings” and click the “Add” button. A list of ecobee Preferred Contractors in your area will populate. Select the ecobee Preferred Contractor you wish to add to your account. This information will automatically be saved in your portal. If at any time you wish to unlink your contractor to your account, simply select “Unlink My Thermostat”.
My Contractor is Not on the List
If your Contractor cannot be found in this list, it means they are not registered as an ecobee Preferred Contractor. In this instance, you have the option to link your account with one of the ecobee Preferred Contractors found on the list in your area, or manually add your contractor’s contact information to your thermostat settings. You can do this by selecting “Please click here if your contractor is not in this list” and entering in their contact information. Although you will not be able to share your Alerts, Reminders and HVAC Runtime Reports using this method, their contact information will conveniently appear with each of your Alerts and Reminders should you need to contact them.
Ecobee is committed to providing easy, smart, energy-saving solutions for your home. Should you have any questions regarding this, or any other ecobee products or services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Be the first to get the inside scoop on the latest and greatest from ecobee, including exciting product announcements, energy saving tips and contests for great prizes by “liking” us on Facebook and “following” us on Twitter.