Toronto, June 10, 2009 – ecobee, the award-winning green technology company, has completed its first remote upgrade of the ecobee Smart Thermostat.
The WiFi-enabled ecobee Smart Thermostat connects to the Internet, delivering new features and functionality.
“Our goal from the beginning was to deliver on-going innovation through seamless software upgrades. Our customers provided valuable feedback and we implemented many of their suggestions in this update,” stated ecobee CEO Stuart Lombard. “We encourage our customers’ input as this helps our team build great products and a better company.”
The most noteworthy new features of software version 1.4 are:
• A password-protected lockout feature that assures only authorized users can change the temperature
• The ability to group thermostats so that changes on one will be made for all in the group, helpful for managing multiple thermostats.
• An updated five-day weather forecast
• An extended temperature range for low and high temperature alerts
• An “auxiliary heat only” system mode that allows users to switch to a back-up heat source if their main heat pumps go offline
“The ecobee vision is green made easy,” said Lombard. “These on-going free upgrades provide new ways for consumers to save money, conserve energy and reduce their environmental impact.”
ecobee was founded in 2007 to deliver intelligent conservation solutions for real people. The company is building its product platform around The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System™. ecobee’s products are being sold for use in single family homes (both new and retrofitted), multi-family dwellings and light commercial properties. For more information, please visit http://www.ecobee.com.
Ronen Shnidman, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 212-583-1043, ext. 14
Jessica Dolmer, email@example.com, Tel: 416-987-1024